About Me


Gavin Hubble - (BSc & Post Grad. Business Marketing) - I started working in the wine industry over 23 years ago in New Zealand. Working in; wine retail, sales, wine production, label & packaging design, marketing, wine buying, consulting and wine education. I am responsible for the Brand Health of 60+ wine brands distributed here in New Zealand. Wine Brands from New Zealand, Australia, France, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Chile and Argentina. I work closely with the Trade Industry - (Retail Stores & Restaurants) introducing, educating and positioning exciting and unique brands to wine enthusiasts all over the world.

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Brunton 'Organic' Gisborne Chardonnay 2009

Grape Variety: 100% Chardonnay (certified organic)

Growing Region: Riverpoint, Gisborne, New Zealand

Owners: Kirsten & Richard Searle

TASTING NOTE:
When one talks of New Zealand Chardonnay, on many occasions one either thinks about or refers to Gisborne when talking of all that is good about the Chardonnay variety, and the unique characteristics you can only achieve from this sun kissed region.
This Chardonnay was grown on the original banks of the Waipaoa River. The vineyard is situated only 5 kilometres inland from the Pacific Ocean and enjoys a cooling breeze in the late morning and early afternoon during the long hot Gisborne summers. During the growing season this proved beneficial in assisting with the preservation of bright fruit flavours and natural acidity of the ripening grapes.
As with many good things in life, this wine is made in an uncomplicated style with 85% of the juice being fermented in stainless steel and the remaining 15% barrel fermented. On the nose there are aromas of Granny Smith apples, white peach and pear. On the palate this Chardonnay has freshness, subtle minerality and a seam of citrus zest running though the bright palate, giving the wine a lively finish. Serve at 8-10C.

CELLARING POTENTIAL:
Drinking perfectly well this summer season; and well into 2011.

SUGGESTED FOOD MATCHES:
Perfect wine match with shellfish, vegetarian dishes, young cheeses and salads, enjoy.

A crisp and refreshing Gisborne Chardonnay.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment