About Me


Gavin Hubble - (BSc & Post Grad. Business Marketing) - I started working in the wine industry over 23 years ago in New Zealand. Working in; wine retail, sales, wine production, label & packaging design, marketing, wine buying, consulting and wine education. I am responsible for the Brand Health of 60+ wine brands distributed here in New Zealand. Wine Brands from New Zealand, Australia, France, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Chile and Argentina. I work closely with the Trade Industry - (Retail Stores & Restaurants) introducing, educating and positioning exciting and unique brands to wine enthusiasts all over the world.

Monday, November 14, 2011

Rimu Grove 'Nelson' Pinot Gris 2010

Grape Variety: 100% Pinot Gris

Growing Region: Moutere, Nelson, New Zealand

Owner/ Winemaker: Patrick Stowe

TASTING NOTE:
I already know one of my New Year's resolutions for next year, drink more wine from Nelson. If I forget, what hope do most of our wine enthusiasts have that don't live in this part of the wine world. Nelson has a great deal to offer with New Zealand's diverse cuisine and this wine displays that fact with charm and character.
The fruit for this wine was sourced from their Moutere Hills vineyard, the carefully harvested ripe fruit underwent 100% whole-cluster pressing. The resultant intense juice - 15% was aged on lies in seasoned French oak barrels for 6 months, the remaining 85% matured on its lies in stainless steel tanks, to retain the vibrant personality of this variety.
In the glass you are greeted by a light golden colour. Escaping from the glass you have aromas of citrus blossom, pear, tropical fruits and spice notes. The intense nose nearly prepares you for the opulence of the palate, which is rich in texture, with a thick and rich mouth-feel, Manuka honey fills the mid-palate and the wine finishes off with lingering notes of quince spice and Moutere mineral characters. Serving Temperature: 9-11C.

CELLARING POTENTIAL:
Drinking perfectly well this coming summer; and will age for another 2-3 years.

SUGGESTED FOOD MATCHES:
Perfect wine match with Asian cuisine, subtle spices and vegetarian dishes, enjoy.

Layers of flavour that will surprise and delight.

     

No comments:

Post a Comment