About Me

Gavin Hubble - (BSc & Post Grad. Business Marketing) - I started working in the wine industry over 23 years ago in New Zealand. Working in; wine retail, sales, wine production, label & packaging design, marketing, wine buying, consulting and wine education. I am responsible for the Brand Health of 60+ wine brands distributed here in New Zealand. Wine Brands from New Zealand, Australia, France, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Chile and Argentina. I work closely with the Trade Industry - (Retail Stores & Restaurants) introducing, educating and positioning exciting and unique brands to wine enthusiasts all over the world.

Monday, March 19, 2012

Ti Point 'Marlborough' Pinot Gris 2011

Grape Variety: 100% Pinot Gris

Growing Region: Waihopai Valley, Marlborough, New Zealand

Owner/ Winemaker: Tracy Haslam

As many of you will know - wines made from Pinot Gris vary greatly and are dependent on the region and wine making style they are from. It's best not to generalize - but New Zealand Pinot Gris can be medium to full bodied wines with a rich, somewhat floral bouquet. While most Pinot Gris is made to be consumed early, Pinot Gris can age. With vine age - some are developing aromas of pear, apple, and green melon. Pinot Gris can be very easy to make and can be bottled and out onto the market within a very short time after fermentation.
For this particular Pinot Gris 85% of the wine was cool fermented in stainless steel, whilst the remaining 15% was fermented in three year old French oak barrels. After fermentation the barrels and tank were lees stirred once a week for four months. The two parcels were then skilfully blended and bottled.
In the glass you will be greeted by a pale straw colour. On the nose the wine shows notes of ripe apricots with subtle hints of rose petal. The wine has a generous creamy palate with a vibrant note of lime on the finish. Chill and serve at 8-10C.

Drinking perfectly well this summer; and over the next 2-3 years.

Perfect wine as a pre dinner aperitif or with seafood, light cuisine and young firm cheeses, enjoy.

Even though it can age, enjoy it now, why wait.


No comments:

Post a Comment